Important: Release 8.5.0 requires NIC-Container 10.0 or higher. This version of DomiNIC requires at least Java 11 (Java 11 or 17 LTS are recommended)
Introducing a new feature to DomiNIC – Bulk Domain Contact Editing! This latest addition to our domain management toolkit offers enhanced efficiency and ease for users when managing contact data for multiple domains. This feature can also be used to change ownership for multiple domains.
Bulk editing of domain contacts
Select the domains you want to change in the domain inventory.
DomiNIC checks if bulk editing for the selected domains is possible and if necessary removes domains from the list where contact policies do not match.
Edit contact data for the selected domains and place order.
Please not: In Release 8.5.0 there is an issue with Bulk contact editing and DNSSec. We recommend to update to Release 8.5.1, where this issue is resolved.
New GUI Themes and functions for customization
Version 8.5.0 brings a range of fresh features designed to improve user experience. It includes two new pre-installed themes, allowing easy alignment of DomiNIC with your company’s style. The addition of a color customization function further facilitates adaptation to your company’s branding. Notably, the introduction of a light/dark toggle provides users with a convenient option they’re likely to find appealing.
DomiNIC 8.5.0 introduces 2 new themes.
The new “Sidebar” theme optimizes screen space for efficient usage.
The new “rounded” theme features a fresh and contemporary design.
Color customization for themes
All pre-installed themes provide color customization options, allowing clients to align the appearance with their corporate style.
Light/Dark Theme Toggle for all pre-installed themes
Users have the option to toggle between light and dark modes for the Graphical User Interface
Management page for user-defined fields
User-defined fields allow our clients to define additional data fields for domains, certificates, orders and customers. These fields can be used to enter/preallocate and store contract data, product details, or technical data. The new management page enables DomiNIC administrators to create and manage these fields. It offers configuration options for all field details, such as field type, display format, and input validation settings.
Support for Akamai Edge DNS
Akamai Edge DNS provides highly secure premium DNS services. DomiNIC users now have the option to choose this service in addition to our existing connection to RCode Zero DNS.
- Java 17 support.
- Updated domain status icons for improved internationality.
- Zone data can now be sorted by the resource record type on the domain-details page.
- Improved performance for csv/Excel exports of order search results.
- Fixed security issue in spring-framework for the webforwarding service.
- SOAP and REST API adjustments.
- countrycode and email fields within the CustomerInfoResponse are optional now.
- Added new fields digest and digestType to the dnssec key data in the DomainInfoResponse. The data field is optional now.
- Fixed a rare issue while stopping the BPE service.
- Fixed an issue with the 3rd-party-rest-workflow integration feature, where using this for domain orders without external name server groups caused errors.
- Entered premium domain prices for manual renews of premium domains are now forwarded to the NIC as intended.
- Fixed an error with queueing incoming NIC notifications, when the custom property “simplified_api” is set.
- Free domains included in an SSL order are now correctly forwarded to the SSL vendor.
- The “Cancel transfer” option will no longer be displayed for orders in the “malfunction” state.
- Removed outdated dependencies to prevent Log4j issues.
- Fixed behaviour for bulk-delete and bulk-expire options.
- Fixed an issue with user imports where imported users were not displayed correctly after the import.
- Fixed issues with user right “UserOwnView” and “UserOwnModify” in regard to two-factor-authentication.
- Fixed an issue with the SOAP-API DomainInfo operation that occurred, when the user does not have the right UserOwnView.